Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Grey Bruce , the Trails....

I swear there is nothing better than walking out the door of your hotel to your sled.. no trailering, no loading and unloading.. just walk out the door and GO! And that is exactly what we had in Owen Sound, in fact most of the hotels are right on the trail system!
A few words come to mind about the trails in the Grey-Bruce region...
1.awesome - inspiring awe or admiration or wonder
2-out·stand·ing- Standing out among others of its kind; prominent; Superior to others of its kind; distinguished.
and certainly SPECTACULAR!
I have said it before and I shall say it again.. I am SOOO spoiled! But there is light for all of you at the end of the tunnel.. if you are planning a trip in ontario a great place to start for all your needs is http://www.gorideontario.com/snow/index.html the Grey Bruce is located in district 9.. But Back to riding!!!!
The trails here vary, from farmers' fields to tight and I MEAN tight twisty fun trails! I think Luke and I were fighting over the phazer at one point! ANd what better way to see the trails and the Georgian Bluffs than by Helicopter!!! Thanks to George at Bruce Peninsula Helicopters!



The clubhouses were really awesome.. you can stop at any of them and they are open you can warm up get out of the weather and chil out for a bit... the Lennox Shack was on our route and little did I know about my accommodations for the evening.. 5 stars, under the stars.. I dunno Chris.. AKA #7 seems like there is a difference to ME!

The plan, ( i still say it's worthy of my stx initiation!) I think #7(chris) called it a "unique twist" sigh winter camping.. I'm no sissy but wow sleeping in a tent in the middle of winter!??? What the heck!? Not only did we camp.. but we learned survival skills from Dr. Gino Ferri and crew from Survival In the Bush Inc.








Another fact about Owen Sound.. THEY HAVE AN OHL TEAM!!! the ATTACK! so you can ride on the trail RIGHT into the parking lot of the arena... NOW that is SERVICE! Paul MacDermid.. former NHL' r and co-Owner of the ATtack took sometime to tell us about his fav spots and why he loves snowmobiling in the area. And thanks to the boys...Carroll, McGurk and Beskorowany for the ahhh uplifting ice capades!

After all this you'd think we'd just be ready to call it a trip and head home... oooo not #7 he had one more unforgetable experience.. ok or two planned!!!!

No comments: