Saturday, January 3, 2009

The NOT so NICE side of TR's

THe shoot started off AWESOME.. we (camera man EXTRODINAIRE Doug) met in Fort Irwin at my husband's, brother's inlaw's.. ya mouthful I know... They are FANTASTIC ppl and have a gorgeous spot to boot.


The trails were awesome.. freshly groomed and only a couple people had been on..
O but wait i'm sooooo getting ahead of myself here.. Let's go back to the begining.. I arrived about 5pm the night before after loading at Supertrax HQ my TR sled.. the GSX ltd.. I also grabbed the Etec 600 for Doug to ride.. after a long day in the truck with my 15 month old we arrived at CASA Newton! No brother in law... hummm and minus one niece..Brent was stuck in a bit of a swamp with my niece and they walked out over 2 miles to get to a phone and call for help.. ahum.. i'm going to stop typing and let the pictures explain...

Ya Nuff said. stump/ bog whatever... 2tries later, 3 hrs.. and more recruits ( thanks to Don and Steve!).. indy was out and parked in the garage.. making a mucky gucky mess all over.


Back to the shoot at hand.. did I mention gorgeous weather? It was awesome, and the sled was awesome too! Ok I am going to admit it.. I was a little dissapointed when Jeff asked me to do my FIRST Test Ride for Snowtrax on the GSX.. All I could think was .. ugh this is sooo not my type of sled!I mean you say touring and all I can think about is those big cushy, fall asleep rides... heated seats, pillows for a suspension but "tank like" to get around the trails you need to be a sumo wrestler to muscle those girls!... no matter what make. But a couple hours later, and lots of trail footage from Doug.. I was LOVING this sled... but my stomach wasn't.. I know i had a lot of whoops on the closed course.. however I really wasn't feeling good... AAHH I know LUNCHTIME! Burgers! that'll do it!


NOPE


FLU= 1 TAERA= 0


this thing hit me soo hard one second I was fine next.. well you don't want to know!
I think I remember Jeff showing up to do the show intro and a few other things...but all I remember was him saying "can you cowboy it up?" as I ran to the bathroom for about the 30th time.


Flu=2 McLean's =0

my son's turn... sigh
FLu=3 McLean's =0

yup you guessed it hubby's turn...

you'll have to see how the TR turned out on Snowtrax TV... coming up soon..

(but I did get out and ride some more.. and I still REALLY like this sled's power!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to BM! You need more speed to skip that mud.

Taera, my cousin has an older GSX and he can zip through the trails like it was nothing. A lot of people overlook this solo touring machine due to it's luxury tagging...don't.