Thursday, January 8, 2009

Used Sleds... can't beat EM!

We've had many viewers write in and ask about showcasing some used sleds...

While Luke was at some Sneek Peeks of the New 2010 rides.. Jeff and I tackled the used sled task with a challenge to each other.... Buy a used sled for 2500$, Going into this challenge I was fairly certain that Jeff, would not be able to stay in that budget.. I was soooo certain that we had a little side bet.. (check in later who won! DON'T believe everything that jeff writes!)

Jeff chose a late 90's Polaris XCR 600...(check out jeff's blog to see his side of the story) My ride.. a 98 Arctic Cat ZL500. Ya ya , I knew my ride needed a little bit of work, but I went to a dealer - Spoiled Sports and had Rich take a peek at my choice.. just to get the low down on how much work and how much it was really worth.. This is a great way to see if you are getting good value for your money.. or take someone along that knows more than you do in regards to engines/ wear and tear and general upkeep.

WAY back when.. This was my first spring ordered SLED! I can still remember the day picking it up in the fall with just a skiff of snow.. ya you all know it!!! ripped up the lawn ... whoops. 11yrs later.. it is still a great model... it's a perfect entry/ low performance model. 500cc' it has a bit of guts.. but not all at once.. nice and easy for throttle thumb and the suspension is pretty good! it'll be even better after Jeff installs the Ryde FX shocks!


ERR did he fix my ride or break it? the look on jeff's face = BROKE IT!
Seriously , Jeff needed the edge to beat me while on the lake.. so he took the carb apart and wasn't going to put the magnet back in..i'm suuuuuure that's how i lost... but hey! I won the bet! my sled, all the add ons... tour buddy, carbides and shocks...

So stay tuned for the install of the shocks.. jeff will be covering this in a trail tech feature!

www.snowtraxtv.com

No comments: